HEWITT RACING & MFG.
THE COMMON DYNOS & OPTIONS WE HAVE AVAILABLE AT HEWITT INERTIA DYNOS ARE NUMBERED BELOW.
**NOTE THAT ALL DYNOS CAN BE UPDATED TO LARGER FLYWHEELS AND SEVERAL DATA SYSTEM OPTIONS! ALL QUOTES WILL BE E-MAILED OR FAXED DIRECTLY TO YOU SO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE COST IS, INCLUDING FREIGHT!( I WILL NEED YOUR ZIP CODE FOR FREIGHT ESTIMATES WITH PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE due to STEEL PRICES GOING UP.)
**ALL THE FOLLOWING CAN BE MODIFIELD & CUSTOMIZED TO FIT YOUR NEEDS. WE HAVE BUILT DYNOS FOR QUARTER MIDGET RACERS WITH 6 TO 1 GEAR BOXES AND ELECTRIC START FOR GOLF CARTS WITH CLOCKWISE & COUNTERSLOCKWISE ENGINES. WE ARE ALSO WORKING ON AN ELECTRIC CLUTCH DYNO. WE CAN ALSO HELP YOU WITH A BASIC DYNO ROOM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
(1) STARTER RELAY UPDATE KIT-($43.87) this is for customers that have my dyno with electric start or customers that are putting electric start on their dynos. It includes a wiring harness with (2) relays, a heavy duty fuse link with 30 amp fuse. We’ve found out the solenoid is not getting enough amps when we have a 25 to 30 foot of wiring to the starter. This stops those false starts were solenoid doesn’t engage or were starter seems to crank real slow at first. We are using 2 gauge cables now.
(2) DIRECT DRIVE KIT TO REPLACE ONE-WAY SPRAG & TORSION SHOCK KIT-($106.24) – we have found out the one-way sprag disengages and engages at high engine rpm. By replacing it with a solid shaft and leaving the torsion shock bushing in, we have extremely repeatable results. Five dyno pulls with only 2/100ths of a horsepower difference.
(3) 1 ¼” ROUND TO 1 3/8”-6 SPLINE ADAPTER KIT ($165.24)-This converts 1 ¼” round shaft with ¼” keyway to one-way sprag clutch and than to a adapter to adapt it to another 1 ¼” shaft. Were you wanted to put a one-way sprag clutch between your flywheel and you main dyno axle.
(4) 2008 ELECTRIC START COMPLETE KIT-($680.70)-We’ve made some changes, installed a relay kit so solenoid and starter engage better with more amps and installed 2 gauge battery cables. These two changes make starter system crank about 20 to 25% faster. This may help some of you that break belts on the Animal motors. Crank the engine up to a highest flywheel R.P.M. before opening throttle and letting up on ignition switch. This will minimize belt breakage. The “NEW” 2008 belt system helps tremendously!
(5) “NEW” 2008 35MM BELT DRIVE-($1251.28)-This comes with two belts-This is a larger sprocket on the main dyno axle and a larger driver with more teeth engaged on the engine. This new belt system almost totally eliminates belt breakage, even on animals. The price can be discounted some when used with other combinations or previous customers wanting to update? We also have a slightly smaller sprocket for customers wanting to dyno very low horsepower engines. Call me with Questions?
(6) DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEMS-There is a Pro system available right now that connects by USB cable. The Pro system has (4) analog channels (example: head & exhaust temp) and with internal S.A.E. weather correction. We normally set it up with two leads, head & exhaust temp, with Pro software, this package sells for about $1399.99. The new mini USB system will have two channels for temp, and have internal S.A.E. weather correction and premium flywheel sensor. This is supposed to be sold at a much lower price. I always recommend “Pro” software which allows up to 6 graph overlays and columns of data side by side up to five columns. You will be able to see acceleration in 50, 75, & 100 rpm increments. By improving acceleration, you will greatly help your customer’s race engines by widening their power band. You will always be able to dyno clutches, see slippage ratio, engagement rpm, and see were total lock-up of the clutch occurs. We can always fax or e-mail you a quote. Training by phone is available and I’m always am available for questions for my customers.
(7) 14 OZ VIPER LUBE GREASE-($12.75) For Sprag clutch and Pillow Block bearings- grease pillow block bearings at slowest time of the year. This will cause your horsepower to drop slightly for a short time. This is synthetic grease so it is thin in viscosity and not affected as much by temperature.
(8) KIT CLUTCH DYNO, 25 HP FLYWHEEL-$2629.99–You do all the mig welding. I recommend a 175 amp welder with .030” wire or larger. Many of the smaller parts are ready to assemble and many are already welded. This includes a completely assembled balanced flywheel assembly with every part to make a 36” x 36” engine/clutch dyno. You supply #35 chain, motor mount, and computer system, clutch (Premier Titan recommended), surge protector. Wiring in shop must be grounded. I do have some used digital weather stations for manual S.AE. weather correction. Used original data systems with one channel of head temperature, included, cost about $549.99, which includes premium axle sensor and new 14mm head temperature sensor. Will work on Windows 95 to Vista. Does include newest most up to date software. You can ship me your computer for complete installation of software and set-up and testing. Or we can do over the phone which can take over two hours for installation and training. Call with zip code for freight estimate. Freight is with 62% discount. Residential freight will cost $50.00 more. Best if you can find someone with forklift or dock.
(9) 2008 BASIC CLUTCH TYPE DYNO-($3838.00)-This is priced with a used data system. We can price with a new system when they are available. This price includes a 25 hp balanced flywheel with premium NTN pillow block bearings along with a heavy duty sprocket hub and #53 tooth sprocket so you can dyno clutches. It includes a 36” x 36” table with 1 ¼” stress-proof axle, motor mount rails, side panels and one end panel. Powder coated medium silver or chrome yellow. If you do not want powder coating-deduct $150.00. You would need to supply international (wide) motor mount with wings, basic computer with color printer. The recommended clutch is a Premier Titan with yellow springs ($150.00). I can supply a complete computer system ($599.99 to 699.99) and install software and set-up and test. Optional 29 hp flywheel-add $80.00. This does include a small parts kit to make sure you have everything to get started. This dyno can be updated to electric start and belt drive? For applications above 30 hp ,see 40mm dyno.
(10) Buy this dyno (above) as a P.A.K. (PARTIALLY ASSEMBLED KIT) ($3099.99) were we weld the main table and install assembled balanced flywheel, build the brake bracket, tack motor mount rails, and you do all the rest of the work. Will require some light welding. This will not be powder coated! Call with any Questions?
(11) 2008 ONE-WAY SPRAG CLUTCH DYNO-($4250.00) This is the same dyno as above #8 except with a large torsion shock bushing, (2) couplers, and a one-way sprag clutch assembly with axle adapter. If you hear an engine pulling down (forgot to put oil in it) like it’s about to lock up, you can let up on throttle and motor will stop and flywheel will coast till you hit the brake system. One-way sprag needs to be greased about once a month. Sprag can be locked up so you can dyno clutches! This price will be with used original data system with head temp sensor. S.A.E. weather correction would be done manually. Again, you will have to talk to me about what data system and options you want. I always quote everything on paper and e-mail or fax you the quote. You will need a Premier clutch with yellow springs, a motor mount, and a basic computer system with color printer. This does includes small parts kit to get you started. This dyno as a P.A.K. dyno ($3549.99). Call with questions? This will be made so electric start & belt drive can be added at a later date.
(12) 2008 40MM CLUTCH DYNO-($4575.00)-The standard flywheel for this dyno is 34 horsepower but you can get optional ones up to 44 horsepower or higher. This is for the higher horsepower 2-cycle or 4-cycle engine. Once you get to a certain horsepower, you can experience axle flex which makes the chains pop off more often. Since getting a 1 ½” or 1 ¾” sprocket hub is almost impossible. It’s better to go with the 40mm axle and sprocket hubs. This dyno does include two 40mm sprockets hubs and I’m sure you could install an axle clutch and another set of motor mount rails if you want to dyno right and left hand motors. You would be able to dyno clutches on the high horsepower 2-cycles or 4 strokes. This dyno can also be made into a multiple flywheel dyno were we make it possible to join (3 or more) 34 horsepower flywheel for things like shifter karts, etc. This would be a custom quote. We have 4 of those type dynos in the U.S. already. Again, this is priced with a used original data system with head temp & sensor. S.A.E. weather correction could be done manually with digital weather station which is built into price or thru computer. We can quote it to you with a used, a pro type system or the new mini USB system which should be available Sept, 2008 Call with questions? It’s best if we talk by phone and determine exactly what you want and I give you an exact quote. Call with zip code for freight quote?
(13) 2008 25 H.P. FLYWHEEL WITH SPRAG, ELECTRIC START & NEW 35MM BELT DRIVE-($7246.00)-This is becoming the #2 seller for small engine builders! This dyno has standard a 25 hp flywheel, 2008 electric start, the new 2008 35mm belt drive and includes a one-way sprag clutch. This does include the New USB Pro data system. S.A.E. weather correction can be done by computer with new style data system. It also includes a small parts kit. This dyno is more for the serious engine builder. Optional larger flywheels’ can be installed for their additional price. You will be able to dyno clutches on this dyno. I can supply a computer system (laptop or desktop, optional price) for you along with a printer. You will need a surge protector and wiring in shop must be grounded. You will need to supply an international motor mount and top post battery for electric start and need a 10 to 20 amp battery charger.
(14) 2008 36” PRO DYNO WITH 25 HP FLYWHEEL,DIRECT DRIVE, ELECTRIC START, 35MM BELT DRIVE,2008 USB PRO DATA SYSTEM –($6515.00)-This is my favorite dyno; it’s simple and super accurate! You supply motor mount and battery. You can buy a laptop or desktop from me ($599.99 to $749.99) and have software installed and set-up and test with your dyno. That way when you get it, in about two hours you’ll be dynoing motors. Or we can use your computer system. Get a basic inkjet printer, USB cable & surge protector and your set. You supply motor mount and top post battery with 10 to 20 amp charger.
(15) THIS IS THE #1 SELLING DYNO. 2001-2008 “PRO” SERIES DYNO-($7816.00) this dyno comes with new USB Pro data system. This dyno measures 27 ½” x 48” so it will fit thru a 28” door of your dyno room. . It has the new electric start system and the new 35mm belt drive. It comes with a small parts kit to get you started. This dyno has two separate axles and can have a sprag clutch or can be built direct drive. Normally this is bought will a pro type data system and sold with a complete computer system with printer, surge protector, all cables, etc. We would need zip code for freight estimate. We also should talk about what you want for computer system (laptop, desktop, printer, etc.)
(16) ELECTRIC CLUTCH DYNO-MADE FOR ¾” AND 1” PTO SHAFT ENGINES.-WILL USE 110 VOLT 2 HP MOTOR OR 220V 5 HP MOTOR-Will have its own MCP brake system and own data system. Will dyno all clutches with #35 or #219 chain. Their may be two versions, (1) cheap basic and (1) pro version with belt drive instead of chain in one area. Will have its own flywheel. Will be fully welded and powder coated. I’m hoping I can take it apart and ship UPS so I can save you money on freight to get it to you. You will need computer with windows 95 or newer.